Monday, April 1, 2013

God is Good!

The joy, relief, and love was so intense I felt everything around me glowed with a brilliant light!!! God is Good!


The DAY OF PREPARATION
We wrapped up birthday and Christmas presents for Dad!  
 Painted a sign.  Got a phone call he was coming home an hour early, so we quickly finished and got ready.  

WAITING AT THE HANGER
 I took some pics of the boys when we arrived at the hanger.


A friend from church, Becky Westover, offered to take pictures of us reuniting.  So the rest are from her, unless noted.
Boys entertaining themselves.
Bloody nose.

PLANE ABOUT TO LAND
Me telling the boys, "We did it!"  (Pela took the next two pictures)

 How happy we are that he's going to be landing soon!

 We see the plane!

 Yay!  
 When are they going to open the doors!!
 My dear friend Pela video taping.

 He's 7 out of 237 off the plane.
 Yay!  He's here!
 I'm jumping up and down flashing "I love you" signs.  He flashes a "two" back!
 I just saw him!
 They lined up in formation, opened the hanger doors and they marched in.
 We cheer as they enter.


 After a brief ceremony, they release them to see their families!
 We reunite!

 Hugs all around!

















 Love this.  Colt was holding on as Doug was kissing me.




 And one final kiss before they lined up again and marched out to turn in their weapons.
 We met up a couple hours later and headed home as a family!  There was a full moon which was cool and Doug liked his sign.






6 comments:

  1. So happy for your family, Amber! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So so happy for you that everyone is back together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh you guys!!!! You're whole family is GLOWING! What an amazingly joyous reunion! Heavenly and PERFECT! Doug- THANK YOU for your service......and Amber-THANK YOU for your SACRIFICE! We love and miss you all so much! Welcome Home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously made my day seeing this! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teared up reading this. It is so beautiful. You guys are all heroes in my book--and you need to submit that last picture of Doug kissing you in a dip to a photography contest because it is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete