Wednesday, May 14, 2014

For memories sake...

My cousin Aubrey asked what helped me get through the nasty morning sickness this pregnancy and this was my response.  Thought Ezralee might enjoy reading this incase she suffers from it too.


 I tried rubbing ginger essential oil on the bottoms of my feet (stomach pressure point)...not sure if it helped or not. What helped the most for me was eating a little something every 30 min-1hr. If I went longer than an hour, it was a quick downhill to totally unbearable. Oranges were my number 1 favorite. Second, was squeezing a whole lemon in my very cold ICE water. Third was toast (w/ cheese or jam or butter or peanut butter). I craved eggs and would eat them in all forms. Smoothies were awesome but I could only stomach about 1/2 c. I would eat anything that sounded appealing- this pregnancy was sushi, nuts, oatmeal, pancakes, apples & almond butter, cottage cheese, sesame ginger dressing on salads, and cookies.  Lots of laying down on my side. I read books or watched movies or invited friends to sit and talk with me...anything to distract my mind off the awfulness. I didn't worry about my up keeping my house and my kids were content to gather around me and tell me anything on their mind. It's more of a simpler way of living. I'm so sorry you're so sick!!! It's by far my least favorite part of pregnancy...sooooo awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment