Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Mom, I want to go to the Gun Store!!!"


So never in my life did I think I'd my child would say, "Mom, I want to go to the gun store!" 45 times a day. Well, we've been working on obedience and I told Jaxon we would go to the gun store if he made "good decisions" and obeyed mom and dad the whole day. After a couple of discouraging disobedient days, he finally had a morning that he was successful at making "good decisions." P.S. I've decided that I want to say "Jax, because you've made good decisions, you earned a reward" versus "Jax, because YOU were a good boy, you GET a reward." Because the opposite, "Jax, because you were a bad boy" doesn't settle well with me. So we will see how well I can adjust to my new phrasing...wish me luck! Ok, back to the story.
So Doug found out he passed his National Dental Board Exam and took Jaxon to the Gun store. He just loved it. Afterwards they went to Wal-mart and Jax picked out this gun that he's been eying every time we went there.
He was sooooooooo thrilled! When I asked him to smile for the picture, he easily make this grin and I just think he is too cute!

13 comments:

  1. Horray for Doug passing his wretched exam!!!!!!!!!!! That is such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS to DOUG, and Jax for being such a good boy! You are such a good Mom! Thanks for being such a good example to me. Miss you guys and are so excited to see you(hopfully). Maybe when you guys get off the plane. I am picking up dave so maybe I see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give Doug our congratulations on passing his board exam! And you're right, Jaxon sure is one cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie!!! Tell Jax that he will have to bring his upgraded gun to our house for cougar hunting.:~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't even know what to do with a boy even if I had one! Guns! Jordan would love to have a boy into Guns and want to help him clean his guns!! For now I will stick with my girls sneaking into the bathroom to put on make up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that phrasing is such a great idea....there really is never anything that would make our boys "bad!" YOu're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like he takes after his daddy in the gun liking. I'm sure they'll have many hunting experiences together in the future.

    Congrats to Doug on the boards!! What a great feeling!! Hopefully you have had time to celebrate such a HUGE milestone!!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Doug! That is so awesome! I love the "gun store" story. What a cute little sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Doug! That is so great! Jax is so cute, I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Doug on passing the first set of boards :) That's gotta be a relief! And how funny is Jaxon and the guns? What have you created?! lol so cute and he's gotten so big!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that gun is bigger than him! Way to go Jaxon and Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jax is too cute!! I love your adorable little boys. He is going to be quite the little hunter when he gets older. I love it. Congrats to Doug for passing the Board!! YAH!!! Good luck with the phrasing. I think that is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete