Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In Honor of Amber...Thank you!

So many of you that read our blog know me and Amber and some of our hobbies and such. Well as most of you know I love guns and knives! When I met Marvin Wotring last September I was soooo excited to be able to learn knife and gun making from a pro. After talking to him at the Buckwheat Festival he invited me out to his shop to learn how to make Damascus steel and custom muzzleloaders. Soooooo.....
For the last few months I have been going out to his shop outside of Morgantown once or sometimes twice (or three) times a week to work on projects and learn from a master. This opportunity has been amazing. Not only is Marvin so knowledgable he also is very kind and patient.
But most importantly Amber has been an understanding angel. Even though she does not share my love of guns and knives, she has been totally understanding and even helping in so many ways by letting me spend so much time away from her and the boys. She is great and I hope she knows that I am sooo grateful for her trying to understand and be supportive.
So tonight is that landmark. I finally finished my muzzleloader. I hade finished several knives along the way, but the muzzleloader has been the big project. Without Marvin it would not have been possible. Without Amber it would ot have been possible and I thank her so much! See for yourselves the final product. I think you can click on each picture to get a bigger view or control and click.

4 comments:

  1. Daniel and Kate JohnsonMay 6, 2009 at 5:02 AM

    Nicely done, General. It looks great!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a gun!! Nicely done bro. you'll have to show me sometime how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel and Kate JohnsonMay 6, 2009 at 6:13 PM

    Wow! What a beautiful work of art. And you know that it a compliment coming from a girl who isn't so much into guns.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Doug. Looks great! I'm glad Amber is so supportive of you and your hobby. You have a very sweet wife.

    ReplyDelete