Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ALOHA!!! part 3

On day 4, all McArthurs united at a beach house just south of Laie.  We did some wedding prep and I practiced doing Jen's hair for the big day.  The next three days went as follows:



They went spear fishing at midnight.

Doug and Kawika caught these.

View from our bedroom window in the morning.

Kate and Kim's sunrise kayaking.


Janelle's prego...they are expecting a little boy.

ahhh, the sunrise.

true

Doug's learning the hula.

Mom McArthur dancing.

and me...I used to dance hula at the PCC...my hula lessons where there as a kid.

Doug bought me this haiku (I think that's what this Samoan headpiece is called).

Playing Hawaiian checkers.

Samoan village tree climber.

The night show.

Drummers where awesome.

Fire knife dancing.

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing the beautiful people and colors in your photos. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... It looks like you had such a wonderful time. I loved all the pictures and all the emotions you captured. So fun!

    p.s. I'm jealous! I would love to go to Hawaii so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, Thanks for inviting me into your family's blogosphere. I ask Daniel and Kate regularly how your family is doing . . . and now I'll be able to read about you! They miss being so close to you.

    Hope things are going well for all of you.

    Kay Johnson

    ReplyDelete