Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our Summer 2010

Besides 9 weeks without having a husband to snuggle with or a Daddy to help get those energy bugs out, we did have a wonderful time with family in Utah.

Here are some of the highlights:
  • Swim Lessons- Jax learned to swim with about 7 feet with his face under the water!!!  Talon learned to blow bubbles.=)
  • Jeannie- a true gift from Heaven.  My dearest cousin/friend who lives in my mom's basement apartment.  It was just glorious to have someone to talk with.  I just couldn't spend enough time with her.  I even found myself asking if she wanted to come talk to me while I packed for a trip...and she did because she's amazing like that. I LOVE YOU JEANNIE!

  • Jace- Jeannie and Jared's 3 year old who loved to play with my boys and they loved to play with him.  They spent their summer days pretending all sorts of imaginative play and I called them the 3 AMIGOS!!!   
  • Baby Aaron- my first nephew on my side.  Daniel and Adrienne had their baby boy while I was there.  We were able to witness his baby blessing in which Daniel kept calling him Aaron (they named him Aden) and so after the blessing they decided  his name must be Aaron.  

  • Hannah- my darling Sister!  She was kind enough to share her bedroom with me.  We'd stay up till the wee hours talking like sisters do.  I always wanted a sister I could do this with and it was heavenly.  

  • Grandma Copley- was living with my Mom this summer and it was so fun to enjoy her laughter.  She's in the last years of her life, but what joy she can make out of the little things, like laughing that she thought she needed to put her teeth in when they were already in.  Oh, how I love you Grandma!
Grandma Copley with all her great grandkids!

  • The Temple- I made it a goal to go once a week.  My family was so great to help watch the kids so I could feed my soul with peace and comfort there in the temple.  Adrienne graciously did a little preschool with my kids so I could have Thursday mornings as my temple time.  I love Mount Timpanogos as that's where I took out my endowments and was sealed to Doug!  We even were able to do the work for my Grandma Sturgeon who passed away a year ago July.  That was super special.  Hannah did her baptism, I did her initiatory and endowment, and Lori sealed her to Grandpa with Daddy as his proxy.  It was truly was a celestial experience.  

  • Lifting weights- I decided since Doug was getting fit at Officer's Basic, I better keep up.  So I started lifting again (used to lift in college and LOVED it!).  It was a bit depressing when I couldn't even do a sit up.  But I'll tell you, by the end of the summer, I could do 13! Whoohoo!
...can't you just see the muscles! =)
  • Visiting Idaho McArthurs- enjoyed seeing our new nieces who were adopted from Haiti.  Spending 4th of July weekend in Jen's little apartment.  She was kind to give up her only bedroom for me and the boys, while Mom & Dad McArthur, Kim, and Jen slept in the living room.  Jon and Holli had their first baby boy Jack Wyatt and we got to attend his baby blessing.
Ava's birthday party.

Saying goodbye to our new neices and nephews.

Riding horses with Uncle Ben.

Singing songs with Aunt Janelle.
Idaho Falls

  • Feel so much love from my Family- from when my Dad helped pick me off the bathroom floor when I was so sick with Mastitis to my Mom spending teaching moments with my boys about listening to the Spirit before making a choice, it was glorious to feel so much love from my family.  I couldn't have enjoyed this summer without their love.  Dan even turned the Air Conditioning on for us!  Lori and I found ourselves endlessly talking about Army life, kids, health, especially right before bedtime.  

    1 comment:

    1. Love it! It was a blessing to have you for the summer. You truly are a great example to me. Love ya!

      ReplyDelete