Saturday, July 2, 2011

Utah/Idaho Trip

We love our yearly summer trip to Utah/Idaho.  I flew out the beginning of June to play with my family for a while.  The boys did great on the flight, which was a total answer to prayers.  They were thrilled to play with their favorite Utah Uncles and Aunt and cousin Jace.  The boys and I spent a week at my dad's then a week at my mom's.




Then we headed up to Idaho for to check out the Boise area to see if it be a place we'd want to live after our Army time is through.  We stayed with my YW's leader whom I hadn't seen in over 10 years.  They graciously let us stay at their home and how I loved seeing her being a mother.  I'm always inspired by "mothers who know" =).  I did a photo shoot for their family (click here view) while I was there as a thank you.


I also got to see my "twin."  Carly (Stewart) Price and I were know as twins at Cascade Jr. High.  When I arrived at the school my 9th grade year, people kept coming up to me talking as if I knew them and eventually I learned they thought I was Carly.  We were in the same ward, both played flutes in band until the band director decided we should play drums, both were on the dance team together, did gymnastics.  It was so fun to be with her again...wish we lived closer as it felt our friendship had never seen a 10-15 year gap.  We did Zumba together and she did my hair and we laughed and talked just like no time had passed.  LOVE HER!  Doug was a little weirded out seeing us together as he did think there were similarities.







We went to Ben and Janelle's baby blessing in Twin Falls, ID which was wonderful to witness. Then we had a birthday celebration for baby Jack who turned 1, Talon who turned 4, and Ved who turn ?.  The next day we went to Lava Hot Springs and watched Jaxon go down the big water slide over and over and over again after it took him a couple of hours to get over his fear of it.




We spent the next few days at a McArthur "Circle of 6" family reunion in Albion, ID (Doug's dad side of the family).  It was super fun.  I took pics of Ben, Janelle, and baby Bendigo (click here to view) after we sang songs and before we had a contra dance and roasted marshmallows by the fire.  The team relay competition was my favorite.

Then we went to visit Jon and Holli and had one of my favorite photo sessions ever with them in downtown Pocatello (click here to view) and (here for their cute kid).  That night I Zumba'd with Jen, Kim, Katie, and Mom McArthur...super fun!  We spent the next couple days in Idaho Falls with them and hit up Down East Outfitter's Outlet clearance before leaving to go to Utah for my dad's family photo shoot.

Back in Utah we did photo shoots on both sides of the family. Played in the pool, ate at Kneaders, went to the Temple, saw friends from Dental school which was HEAVEN!!!  I miss those girls so much!





And enjoyed our favorite jumping/flipping/hanging spot...open gym.  It basically was a glorious head over heals experience.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, so fun! I am so sad that we didn't get to see you on this trip, but maybe next time.

    It sounds like you needed a much needed break from all of the stress you have been under the previous months. I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip (hopefully) free of all of those worries.

    Oh how we love and miss our McArthurs!

    Love,

    Katie

    ReplyDelete