Saturday, September 6, 2008

Girls Weekend Getaway- the 212 Chicks Reunite!!!




My Freshman roommates from BYU and I all got together for Labor Day weekend in Cocoa Beach, Florida. It's been 4 years since I've graduated from BYU, and 9 years since we all lived together. The reunion was so invigorating, revitalizing, and wonderful in every way. I just love these girls and cherish the memories we've made and look forward to making more. I know Heavenly Father blessed my life with such endearing friendship, especially that 1st year at BYU.

It trully was amazing that all 6 of us made this reunion work in our lives. It's been the first reunion with no pregnancies, no kids, no husbands, and no distractions. There were moments of feeling like we were 18 all over again. Doug took the boys to go camping and boating with his family and I didn't have to worry about them at all. I was so excited to be there that my adrenaline kept me going 24/7 even preventing me from sleeping in. I'd wake up at 7am and just lay there so happy to be there with my friends and kept the energy until midnight...those of you who know what a sleeper I am, know that this is a monumental event.

We call ourselves the 212 chicks because we lived at 212 E. Richards Hall. Some of the girls commented that we all feel back into our "roles." That lead us to discuss what our "roles" were, hence the labeling in the picture. The following are 3 picture slide shows of our 3 days of heaven on earth!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! Girl time is so important and so therapeutic. I'm glad that you got to get away for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a fun idea! now we just need to do a NSO reunion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post . . . minus the embarassing leap/swimsuit pic - ha, ha! I miss the 212 chicks already!!
    -Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Amber! I have been meaning to do a Florida post of my own, but haven't gotten to it yet. It was seriously the best vacation ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so fun. Are you wearing contacts these days?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute my friend! I have truly missed you and am so looking forward to our playdate tomorrow! That looks like so much fun! I am glad you were able to do something like that, when are we going to make our own girls trip?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you guys! I'm way jealous of the fun outings you guys had. And you look adorable. I love your hair!
    And I cherish girl time greatly too. I wish we could have had more time together to make more!!
    YOu are incredible!

    ReplyDelete