Sunday, November 9, 2008

In honor of Thanksgiving...

I'm going to post some of the things I'm grateful for. To start off, my cousin Jeannie introduced me to this beautiful picture collage of Christ accompanied with music. Oh, it was breathe taking. The photography is fabulous, the music humbling, and most of all it made me feel close to my Savior. I think about the day when I will see Him again and how ultimately that's what I'm striving for. Though the day to day frequently leaves me forgetful of this, I'm thankful for the moments when my life is put into the eternal perspective. Going to the temple easily does that for me, gospel music and pictures of Christ do it for me, reading my scriptures and saying those heart felt prayers, give me that reminder as well. I truly owe everything I've been blessed with to Jesus Christ. The joy I feel when I think of His eternal plan of happiness, brings me hope knowing that there's nothing but beauty and peace in the life to come, if I but choose HIM daily. To my children, know that Christ can and will lift your burdens when your sad and your heart is aching. Know that He knows how to help you overcome the world and Satan's temptations. Christ's hand is always stretched forth for you to take it. And He will lead you to everlasting joy! To my eternal love, I look forward to the day when I can be the woman you've always dreamed of and stand beside you as we go to meet the man who made the eternal nature of our relationship possible! Today, I'm thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ!

http://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/

4 comments:

  1. This is Mary Newton--I am Angela Vest's friend. I am thankful that you gave me permission to view your blog! Thanks! You are one talented lady and I am just drooling over your darling quilts. They are too unique, classy and cute. I hope you don't mind if I try a few. My sister is going to have a baby boy and I asked Angela for the pattern for the EIEIO quilt. I can't wait for someone close to me to have a baby girl, because I have to say those are my very favorite of yours now that I'm on looking. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I loved that. You make me smile! :) We all truly are blessed to have the gospel in our lives.

    ReplyDelete