Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Doug.

Keeping with the gratitude posts this month, I wanted to say how thankful I feel to have my Doug as my best friend, constant and eternal companion, the father of my children, the provider of our family, and as the person I feel is going to help me return to live with my father in heaven again. Even though there are moments when his obsessive passions and creative desires, such as hunting, knife and bow making, cowboy dreamer, gun fanatic, and inability to put a book down or stop a project, tend to pull on my unhappy nerve, I still feel blessed for all the things I love about him. I'm thankful that he is doing well in dental school and learning the skills needed to make him a great dentist. I'm thankful he has the desire to be the sole financial provider for our family so that I can be the kind of mother I want to be for my children in the home. I'm thankful that he has an unwavering testimony of Christ's restored gospel and that he reads the Book of Mormon frequently. I'm thankful that he is obedient, honest, trustworthy, humble, kind, happy, and overall a good person. To emphasize the happy, I love that he is an easy going person and finds joy in the simple things of life. I'm thankful that he is stable and that I know he is always there for me. I'm thankful he loves to play with our kids, nurture them when they don't feel well, teaches them principles such as obedience, gratitude, respect, and selflessness. I'm thankful he does make time for our family and helps with family responsibilities such as dishes, laundry, trash, and my most favorite- getting up with the kids in the morning. I'm so thankful for his words of love and encouragement towards me. I love feeling like I'm the most beautiful person to him and that he loves me through all shapes and sizes, moods that ride the hormone roller coaster, and somehow sees the best I can be even when I'm not functioning at my best. I know he loves me just as I am. Also, I'm so thankful that he loves to dance with me!!! Douglass, thank you for being you and for the way you make me feel loved. Today I''m thankful for my Doug.
This picture is from our date last weekend. We got Indian food take out and ate it at Cheat Lake. On our walk back, we reminisced why we feel in love with each other and came to the same conclusion, "We loved the way we made each other feel so loved and adored!" I hope we always strive to continue to do that throughout this whole life and onto eternity.

5 comments:

  1. I am equally thankful/grateful/loving/amazed, etc for you Amber. Ro Jai Ju!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! You two look so cute in your picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute, Amber. I love the photo of you guys. Your happiness is so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cute, sweet wife. Loved your tribute to your cute hubs!

    ReplyDelete