Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving...so thankful that



my in-laws came to my house to celebrate. Doug's parents and three sisters joined us for yummy food, sleep overs, midnight conversations, shopping, and Twilight. We enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner in our garage/turned playroom so we could all fit at the table together...I know kind of ghetto but it was super fun! We each wrote something we were thankful for about each person there and that I must say was pretty special to read. We had half the McArthur clan with us while the other half gathered in Idaho. Doug and his dad enjoyed hunting together and after 3 days of freezing weather, Doug shot 1 deer with his "cowboy" pistol which he was very proud of, 1 deer with his rifle, and tag teamed another deer with his dad. All of these deer were bucks, 1 really old buck with no antlers and no teeth and 2 young bucks. While Doug did try to convince me that hanging dead deer off our back deck wouldn't freak out our neighbors, I argued that that deer go straight to the butcher!!! Doug's mom is thrilled to have so much meat in her freezer.

8 comments:

  1. Wow friend! How cute was your table decorated for thanksgiving! Looks like you guys had some fun, its always nice when you can spend the holidays with family! I feel like I have not seen or talk to you in forever, I am calling tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was your neighbor, I'd be freaked out by a dead dear on the back porch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute new family pic! My dad used to hang deer in our garage as a kid and i still haven't gotten over it. But congrats on all the bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh friend you are so cute!! I feel bad I haven't been updated with others life through blog while I've been absorbed in Twightlight. It was so fun to get caught up on your little life. You and Doug are so cute and I love your posts. Thanks for the fun ballroom night...one day I'll get Matt to dance with me infront of people :) Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!

    My dad use to hunt. He would go hunting then a few weeks later he would bring home a whole bunch of white packages! Mom wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice work doug...i'm still waiting for you to get one with a knife...devan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got on your blog to show Jace who Jaxon and Talon are so he would know this week but he already knew! I always underestimate the power of a two year old. Can't wait to see ya'll! Jace is pretty excited to play with cousins (he gets kind of lonely around here, although Hunter does a good job of entertaining him). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Doug! It looks like you all had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete