Monday, December 15, 2008

3 Celebrations for our 3 year old!!! And 29 year old!!!

Jaxon and Doug's birthday are back to back, so their celebrations usually occur together.


Jaxon turned 3 and was blessed to celebrate 3 times. The first was a few days before his birthday with Grandma and Grandpa Mac, Jen, and Kim (east coast McArthurs, except Kate). We made his favorite food macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. His passion is DINOSAURS so we cut the grilled cheese into dinosuars, invited dinosaur guests, attempted a dinosaur cupcake cake (turned out pretty scary), and made dinosaur sounds all night long. Kim brought us some new Free Range Studio shirts, so of course we had to take a picture.

The next celebration occured on Doug's birthday, when we celebrated with all of my family in Utah. Jeannie made this adorable Dinosaur cake and I gave Jaxon his Dinosaur quilt I'd been working on till the wee hours of the morning. (I only slept a half an hour before we flew to Utah). It still isn't finished as I need to do the actual quilting on it, but at least he can use it during our trip. When we asked Jax how old he was, he showed us on his hand three fingers and accidentally touched the cake. So we got a fingerlickin good 3.I love watching Doug read cards from me. There's something so pure about his reactions. This time I scored a smile, some laughter, and even a tear! Babe I sure love you!



The final celebration occured when we drove to Idaho to be with the rest of the McArthur family. Corrie spoiled Doug with an amazing mexican feast, which included yummy tomales, 2 pies, and 1 cake. Doug was thrilled about celebrating with all his brothers. He loved going jack rabbit hunting with them, playing some football playstation, talking knives and guns, and just being together.

6 comments:

  1. Daniel and Kate JohnsonDecember 15, 2008 at 5:52 PM

    Amber, I love love LOVE the dinosaur quilt! It turned out so adorable! I hope you all have such a fun trip and hopefully we will see you out there. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday boys!! I'm so glad you made is safe to Utah and Idaho. You are too cute and I love the quilt. WOW amazing. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you end up going through Poky you'll have to give us a buzz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for saying the same thing Amy did, I didn't read her comment before I wrote mine. Oops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday boys! Looks like you guys are having fun. And by the way, I love the dinosaur quilt. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! The dino quilt is amazing! I'm dying to know how you got that sand color on the second dinosaur cake. As a mom of boys, I need to know these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun birthday parties! I love the quilt, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete