Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to Reality

We had a glorious vacation and weren't quite ready for it to be over. But reality did come when landed in the Pittsburgh airport at midnight. Doug kept saying, "Grrr. Responsibility." After not having our daily responsibilities of owning a car, keeping up with the house, etc. the following jumped started us back to reality:

1. Couldn't find our car that was parked in extended parking. It was bitter, lightly snowing, we had a ton of luggage, and two tired boys.
2. 45 Minutes later, found the car, wouldn't start.
3. Doug tries to chase down any set of headlights he sees. Remind you, it's freezing and it's 1:15am!
4. Finally he tracks down some help and we get the car jumped.
5. Our radiator was on it's last drop and kept overheating.
6. Car in the shop for 2 days and I needed to get groceries...we've been gone almost a month.
7. Our freezer in our garage some how got turned off and there was a serious stench that would make anyone puke. Doug almost did 3 times as he was a saint and cleaned out the rotted chicken, beef, pork, and venison.
8. I went grocery shopping finally. Filled up my cart full and checked out and wait...no money. Run home to get money come back to learn that they had missed some of my items during check out and wasn't about to stand in that long line again.
9. Talon got the stomach bug and was puking. Jaxon was darling and wanted to be right next to him. The only down side was we were nervous he would get sick too.

But to count our blessings. We were so blessed to travel safely, to come home to a roof over our heads and a heater that works, money to be able to fix our car and buy food, and bodies that heal themselves.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. And I thought my experience with a toddler in the airport was rough! I hate coming home and having no food to eat. Our car is in the shop right now too, so I know how that feels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amber...I'm so sorry. Reality really stinks sometimes. Thank you again for coming to visit me. That meant SO much to me. I'm sorry you left your delicious leftovers in my fridge and I'm sorry Matt wasn't there for pictures. Awww...such is life sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh,........Amber, I can't even imagine having to deal with all of that after just getting home and with two little boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awesome! What more can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry all of that happened. After reading that my drama didn't seem so bad. But I know you handled it like a champ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear friend. I am glad you are home safe as well, and that the boys are doing better. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you yesterday Amber! You have such a wonderful outlook on life. Even when life seems pretty bad, you always seem to find the good in it.

    Let me know about your camera! I would love to take it off your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete