Monday, January 19, 2009

"Mommy, shhhhhh....go back to sleep."

says Jax this morning after I ask him what he's doing in my bathroom. Yes, I'm enjoying my morning off (Doug's home) in bed and was awoke by his little footsteps, and some unsettling noises. After convincing myself that his mischief was probably more important to tend to than continuing to sleep, I went into the bathroom to find my 3 year old cleaning the toilet bowl with the Clorox Magic Wand. Now if he was 16 yrs old and said, "Mom, shhhhh...go back to sleep...I'm cleaning the toilets" GREAT!!! But since he's 3 and is very creative with his artistic mediums, I did not really want to clean the blue dye off the walls, shower curtain, towels, etc. So yes, the first thing I did this morning was help Jaxon clean not only our toilet, but His, and the one downstairs.

Then a half hour later he says to Doug, "Daddy, shhhhh...go get back in the shower" as he is searching for suckers in the backpack we took on the airplane over a week ago. Hmmm, our little one is so smart and is now learning he can get away with a whole lot more when Daddy and Mom are NOT around.

Talon loves to be apart of Jaxon's explorations. When Doug came downstairs a few minutes later, Talon said, "Here you go" and handed the whole BIG package of Smiles (Walmart Fruit Snacks) to Doug. Doug then laughingly shouts, "No way!" Curious, I yell back from upstairs, "What happend?" Doug responds, "Talon ate the rest of the fruit snacks." There were at least 35 left in the bag, I'm sure.

The rest of the day was delightful. We made a big breakfast, that neither Jaxon or Talon seemed hungry to eat, played Dinosaurs as a family, and then enjoyed afternoon naps. Yes, everyone got to take naps today all at the same time! It was glorious! As Doug and I layed in bed I said to him, "I think you should have every Monday off!"

12 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Don't you love when they try to copy you and try to figure out what grown-ups do all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhh, is that 35 fruit snacks or 35 little packages of fruit snacks in the box? Either way, that's a TON and I'm sure, pure bliss for Talon:) B loves all things gummy too. I love that Jaxon tried cleaning the toilets by himself and told you to go back to sleep:) Gotta love little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats pretty cute!! Emma has learned she can get her own food to eat! On Sunday Jordan had left for meetings and I was in the shower and I come out to find that my lovely 4 year old got out the cheese and a knife and cut her and her sister a piece of cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you guys made it home safely. I love your optimism in this post and the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly Jaxon. Your kids are super cute. And I couldn't agree with you more about having every Monday off, but I would totally go for every day of the week! Amy and I always love it when we get to spend some time with Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious! That reminds me of my sister when she was little - when my parents caught her doing something she shouldn't have been doing, she told them to "go watch T.V.". B has started saying funny things, too. It makes you wonder if that is really what they hear us saying all the time. Funny kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hilarious about your boys!! They are so cute!! Don't you just love days off school :) If only they were more often. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful day and a productive day cleaning toilets. Tell Jaxon he's welcome at my house to clean anytime :) Thanks for dealing with my Mama's boy in nursery. Glad your his teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back to reality doesn't sound like it was too much fun...hope things are going smoother now. And I loved reading about your monday with daddy home, sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in serious hysterics after reading your blog today. From the last two posts to the funnies on the side. Kids are a scream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always amazes me how smart little kids are. How sweet that he wanted to help you wash the toilets. Sounds like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete