Sunday, September 13, 2009

Frontier Fest

Doug's cowboy action shooting group held a Frontier Fest this weekend. We all came, including Doug's parents, to watch our cowboy win 1st again in the shooting competition. He also won a custom made bowie (sp?) knife. To show my support, I thought I'd get dressed up for the occasion. Luckily Gabes had a maternity "cowgirl" shirt for cheap. I also got a hat, but was too shy to wear it...baby steps...maybe for Halloween I'll wear it. The boys loved playing in the buggy and my mother in law is convinced I need to have that in my back yard instead of a playground.

I posted more "photographic pics" on my photography blog along with several of these.











11 comments:

  1. You look great going cowgirl! I think that is awesome to support Doug like that! Your little boys looked so cute all dressed up with their cowboy guns in all. I am glad you guys had fun and that Doug won. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel and Kate JohnsonSeptember 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM

    What a darn good lookin' family! Those pictures are so fun. And I love the artsy pictures on the Candidly Creative blog.

    What a great woman to support her gun slingin' husband like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this are so cute! I love your big and little cowboys and you look BEAUTIFUL as always- I love to get to see you on the blog- it's so fun to see my moshi and her boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are gorgeous, Amber. Way to be a supportive wife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are so fun! And you look fantastic Amber! Way to go!

    Hey, I was looking at my brother's soccer team roster at BYU Hawaii and noticed he's playing with a guy named Prescott McArthur from Elkins. Is he related to Doug? If so, I guess he's playing with by brother Jesse Manscill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber you are beautiful and such a good sport! Your kiddos are just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber,
    How funny that my brother is playing soccer with Prescott. My brother is a Freshman too. He just got off his mission. I'll have to let Jesse know! Small world, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Now you have your halloween costumes done too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. did I say that i love your new top banner pic! cute cute cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amber, what fun I'm sure you had... Your boys look darling. And I'm so glad everything is going well with your pregnancy. I was reading your latest blogs about it and I'm so sorry you have had to go through all of that. I am so inspired by your faith, gratitude and positive attitude. Thank you for your example. I know the Lord doesn't give us things we can't handle. I KNOW you will get through this! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute pictures, Amber! Your boys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete