Friday, September 4, 2009

Preschool for Jax

Jaxon will be attending preschool 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours. His first day was this week and he was all into it. To make it special, I let him wear clothes from the closet (the nice ones), make his bed, brush his teeth, and comb his hair (ok I helped with that). I'm sure for a moment he thought we were going to church...shows how good I am at getting my kids ready everyday huh. His teacher Ms. Mickey wanted them to bring a leaf with them, so he climbed in a little tree and got one. I know I'm bias, but what a good lookin' kid!

After we dropped him off Talon and I ran some errands and then went to the park. It was so weird to be with one kid again...I forgot how much easier it is. Talon got all the attention and I think he appreciated that. He's been so moody, throwing fits, and crying to get what he wants...so I've been trying to modify his unpleasant behaviors. It was delightful to just laugh and play with him without any distractions. Also, we had a break through yesterday...he gets frustrated easily and so I've been trying to help him learn how to deal with this emotion through words versus crying. For example, if he drops his spoon on the floor, I've tried to get him to say, "Oh man!" instead of crying. So yesterday it finally happened (twice actually), he dropped his tools out of the tool box and said, "AHHHHH, MAN!" I got such a kick out it. Then he spilled his grapes and said the same thing. It gave me hope to keep going with the other behaviors that I'm trying to change.

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh, how cute does he look! You are such a patient wonderful mother! You make me want to be a better mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting so big! I'm sure he loves preschool. I know what you mean about behavior changes. I always get to the point were I think it's hopeless and then a little break through reminds you that its all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie!! You have the best boys! I'm not sure if Target has any more of those bike trailers. I got our on Wednesday, and I think I got the last one at $59. There was another one that was more, but maybe they had some in the back. You should call if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can he be that old already?! He is darling. I'm so glad you are doing better too. I've thought about you a ton, hoping things are working out. I'll keep praying for you! Glad you made it to the halfway point...that is a BIG deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the oh- man! cute! All of the sudden I think Jax looks like you-- all of this time he's been a mini Doug- but in these pics he is a handsome version of my moshi! I'm so happy for the post- I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel and Kate JohnsonSeptember 6, 2009 at 7:50 PM

    Where does time go? I remember when we moved here and Jaxson was 8 months old. We always talked about how old Jaxson would be when we graduated, but now it is starting to hit me.

    Why can't time just slow down?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a handsome little guy! I can't believe he's old enough for preschool! I know what you mean about just having to give attention to one kid. It's so nice sometimes to have that one-on-one time.

    ReplyDelete