Thursday, November 12, 2009

If Jesus were to come to my house, I'd...

Really? Is he old enough to be on the stand, speaking into the microphone, sharing great words of wisdom in church? My little one is growing and I'm just loving it! What a sweet spirited young man he is. I just love his sincerity, honesty, good heartedness (is that a word?).

For the primary program in church, Jaxon was asked in advance, "How do you know Jesus loves you?" He replied, "because he blesses me." And then asked, "If Jesus were to come to your house what would you do?" He replied, "I'd jump and be happy!" They then took what he said and turned it into the 2 sentences he would say during the presentation. We'd rehearse, "Jesus loves me because he blesses me. If Jesus were to come to my house I'd jump and be happy." until Jax would say, "no more Mom" or "that's enough." When it came time for him to say his part, I was definitely the proud parent in the very back of the room beaming from ear to ear reciting the phrase with him in my head. He did well and I'm proud of him.

He sat reverently up on the stand and enjoyed the gummy worms his teacher was sneaking to all the sunbeams. =)

Since he was in the very front row, I was able to witness his sweet shyness as he just stood very still during the musical numbers with his mouth closed, eyes wide and looking around. Until the very last song which was, "Families can be Together Forever." In which we made eye contact through the rows of heads in front of me, gave each other big smiles, and sang the song together. It felt like we were singing the song to each other. It was one of those moments of joy knowing that because Doug and I were sealed in the Temple that Jaxon will always be apart of our family and those bonds are eternal. I just love him so much and appreciated that slice of heaven as we sang, "Families can be together Forever. Through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can."

Jaxy baby, I love you and love your love for the Lord. I love that you pray for Jesus, the baby in mommy's belly, and that Gretchen can come to your house again again again, in every prayer. I love to see you understand a new gospel principle like obedience and are now telling me to "listen and obey" to what you have to say. I love that you create games like the "sharing game" and teach Talon and I how to play it. I love that you give me hugs and kisses and think of every excuse possible to come down stairs and snuggle with me when you should be in bed. I love that the other day you cleaned up the entire living room just so you wouldn't have to be in bed...thanks for wanting to be a helper. I love that you play with Talon daily and that you include him in all you are doing. I love to see you be a leader and teacher with him. I pray you will always stay close to the Lord and that you'll make happy choices all your life so that when you see Jesus again, you really will want to "jump and be happy!" I love you!- mama

9 comments:

  1. What an adorable post and even more adorable little boy! That was such a sweet story. Thank-you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he is still praying for his woman gretchen to come over, all though, in her state, he may want to look elsewhere for a new lady in town. I like hearing about jaxon, because he is still a little reserved when we're around. I like hearing what he has to say in his comfortable home. You too look a lot a like--especially after I saw the picture of you young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that is adorable. He is so cute and I love that first picture of him. This is such a fun age and I love what they have to say and how they don't just copy everything anymore, but they're having their own thoughts about things....Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a STUD! he is so cute and I LoVe your facebook pics from Fall- what a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are sooo cute! I love the picture on the top of your blog. It's beautiful!

    I love your quilts. All of your design are so cute. You have wonderful talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your post, Amber. I can visualize it happening. I also love that the primary leader used Jaxon's own words to create his lines. That's meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, you officially made my eyes water... maybe it's my pregnancy hormones, but that post was really so sweet. It makes me look forward to meeting my little boy if he is anything like your cuties... And those eyes. I've never seen such blue before. I'm going to say gorgeous even though that's not a masculine word, but really.....they are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow he is getting so big. I love the big blue eyes! I remeber you coming over to my trailer with Jax before he could even sit up!

    ReplyDelete