Friday, November 27, 2009

In need of a Thankful post

All the many things I'm thankful for right now:
  1. That Doug got up with Talon 5 times last night.
  2. That Jaxon slept all night last night.
  3. Seeing Jaxon take a nap with Aunt Kimmie.
  4. Seeing Talon snuggle with Aunt Kimmie under a jacket while out in the snow to pick a Christmas tree.
  5. That Mom McArthur bought us a real Christmas tree.
  6. That Ben and Janelle could come visit and how they delight in playing with my boys.
  7. That Grandpa Mac volunteered to throw snowballs with Jax since the rest of us were too cold.
  8. That Jaxon doesn't seem to be phased by the cold and loves to wonder through the woods.
  9. That there is heat in the McArthur home.
  10. That the McArthurs open up their home and hearts to us.

3 comments:

  1. You are so amazing Amber. I don't blame you for hating the hunting bug. I'm hating the Elder's Quorum Presidency because my husband is always gone at meetings...that's worse! Good luck these last few weeks of pregnancy...I know they're rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest, Most Fabulous Amber in All of the World,
    I just read these last two posts and appreciated hearing your thoughts on self-sacrifice for your spouse. The concept of it is so wonderful, but the reality can be painful. My Doug was gone from 12:50 pm until about 8:30 on Saturday so he could go to the BYU footbally game (if you do the math on that, it's kind of staggering that he needed that much time to expeirence that football game...) but it wasn't hard because I was with my family. Really, watching kids alone is NO fun when you do it a lot. You need friends, family, and adventures to make it better. Then the sacrifice is a lot easier.

    But I'm also just feeling sad for you with your old lady hips that make you cry. It sounds like you need a professional massage, a manicure, and a pedicure. And a lot of girl time. You just need more help. When your burdens get lifted a little, you'll remember that you've got what it takes to live your life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,
    I just have to second all of the comments your friends have left you in the last two posts. You are one amazing wife, mother, and woman and TOTALLY normal for having those feelings. We need to even the playing field with our men and have another girls' retreat! Since that probably can't happen real soon with babies on the way, etc., try to find ways to have time to your self or with other girlfriends. Lots of prayer and thinking of the big picture have helped me too during those "single mom" days and nights :)

    ReplyDelete