Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter! LOVED Conference...notes to remember

This whole conference I felt was geared toward parents, especially mothers!!! How perfect a conference dedicated to what I'm most passionate about and dedicate my life to. I just love knowing that the work I'm doing daily is supported by God and that it is the most important work I could ever do here on this earth. I love my boys and pray I can be the mother the Lord needs me to be for them. They are living in such turbulent times full of sin and these boys need a mother who will prepare them with tools to defeat Satan. Christ's atonement is what will ultimately save them (save all of us). They need to know that Christ is their personal Savior. It is my goal to teach my children about Christ's life, His teachings, and how to live a Christlike life.

So I remember, here are my notes:



General Confernce April 2010

Saturday Morning Session:
Julie B. Beck
There has never been a greater need for increased personal righteousness, families.
Qualify to have the Spirit with me.
The world will tempt us that we are “entitled to be independent” and to spend time away from families.
Spend sometime in the scriptures everyday.
Write impression down.
Revelations can come hour by hour.
Loose temper= loose spirit.
Women will have influence on the world in the last days.  Must demonstrate happiness; will help draw people to gospel of Christ.

M. Russell Ballard
Womenhood and motherhood are being corrupted.
“There’s nothing as life changing as the influence of a mother.”
We women are given innate talents to nurture and influence.

Henry B. Eyring
God wants us to strengthen children while they are young.
“The family has an advantage in the first 8 years of a child’s life.  This is through the atonement of Jesus Christ.”
“A strong spiritual foundation can make the difference for a life time.”
Children need to learn to recognize the Holy Ghost.


Saturday Afternoon Session:
Elder Bednar
READ THE BOOK OF MORMON WITH YOUR KIDS!!!


Sunday Morning Session:
Elder Uctdorf
We are to be Christ’s hands and lift other up!

Elder Scott
The Atonement of Jesus Christ had to be done perfectly.  He had to experience ALL of the world’s sin, even the gravest of all sins.
The power of the Holy Ghost will help us to teach our children in these wicked times.
Savior needs to be the center of our home and felt by children and adults.
Christ needs to be apart of our teaching our children. 

Cheryl C. Lant
As we help bring our kids unto Christ, we bring ourselves as well.
Teach them to love the Lord, the Gospel and how to live the Gospel.
1st love the Lord and our families
2nd become worthy examples
What do the Children see in my face?  Can they see His image in my countenance?
3rd teach them truth from scriptures and prophets
They intuitively want to be good.  It’s up to us to keep that connection with heaven.  It takes a lot of hard work and patience to do this.
We are the ones entrusted to teach them the gospel.

Quintin L. Cook
“Following the Savior”
Remember and reverence the sacrament.  This is the most holy meeting we have in church.
We MUST have love one to another.  We manifest our love for our Savior by obeying his commandments and serving others.
How we disagree is a true measure of our character.  We must disagree agreeably. 
No one is exempt from the storms of life.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new family picture up top. Conference WAS wonderful. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also felt like conference was so geared toward parents. I need to keep studying the talks. Love the new family picture. You guys should be in a magazine or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, how do you guys get so many great family pictures all the time?! Such a photogenic family and beautiful setting. Also, I just read the "funnies" you post on the side. So cute!

    ReplyDelete