Thursday, April 8, 2010

Moshi Moshi Reunion

One of my best friends from college came to see me at the Orlando Temple when I was there for another college friends wedding. It was a glorious reunion! We haven't seen each other since I was prego with Jaxon (I think) so about 4.5 years ago. Now I've got 3 boys and she's married with a beautiful baby girl and living in her tropical paradise in Dominica. Some memories I have of Liz are:

1. When we met our souls delighted because I really feel like we had known each other for years (must have been BFF in the pre-mortal life).

2. Cherry Coke by the pool all summer long.

3. Cheering Doug and I on when we began dating.

4. NSO and all the events we planned as part of the Event Management Team at BYU.

5. Riding in our tank tops with the windows rolled down in 99 degree Utah weather in her ghetto $400 "white trash" car going to my mom's for Sunday dinner.

6. Dates nights consisted of a Red Lobster or TGIF (free drinks from Blake) and of course a trip to DI.

7. Her receiving inspiration to serve a mission in the middle of sacrament meeting. And then opening her call to Brazil.

8. Her cell phone (at the time, they were a unique commodity)and her love for her "Lady" a.k.a. "mother figure". Speaking of sweet Mama Borchardt, Liz and her mother were (and still are I'm sure) as close as sisters, best friends, and as delightfully Gilmore in their creative chattering.

9. Getting ready for dances and Friday nights out. How easily flirtatious and contagious Liz's personality is. She could swoon any male into doing something she needed or get something for free.

10. Oh, there are many more...some a little to crazy to share. But lastly, if you're wondering why it's title "Moshi Moshi" reunion, it's because we called each other "Moshi" or "Moshi Moshi"...why?...because I had just got back from Japan when we met and that's how we'd answer the phone to each other and then it somehow became our names.

To view pics I took of her and her cute daughter, click here.

Liz, Moshi, I love you and am thankful for your friendship. You came into my life at the most perfect time!

2 comments:

  1. sweetest post of my life! I had to smile at every memory- SUCH good times- and look at us now :) I'm so happy that we are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and you my dear are looking absolutely stunning. Thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete