Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tennessee Christmas

Growing up in our household meant listening to Amy Grant's Christmas Album over and over and over until Dan would say enough.  "Tennessee Christmas" was one of our favorites.  Daniel even learned to play it on the piano for a recital and I sang it.  Well, this year my Mom, Dan, Hunter, Daniel, Adrienne, and baby Aaron joined us for our first Christmas all together since Daniel and Adrienne were married.  It was HEAVENLY!!!

Wore fun pajamas....note, that is their cousin Aaron, not Colton.
 POLAR EXPRESS NIGHT
Add caption



 GINGERBREAD HOUSES OUT OF CARDBOARD BOXES.
What a cute family they make.


My contribution to the project while Doug and the boys cut, duct taped, and decorated the sides.

Colton was in bed and missed out on the fun. But these boys had a great time.  
 BOUGHT STOCKING STUFFERS FOR A SECRET SOMEONE.

 MADE CHRISTMAS COOKIES AND HOMEMADE BREAD WITH NANA.
CHRISTMAS DINNER BASKET to a needy family (a McArthur tradition where you doorbell ditch it)
And then
PERFORMED "Is There Room?" (the musical-script I wrote for our ward Christmas party)...acting this out with our limited costumes and cast was quite comical...but at least Daniel and I dueted "Tennessee Christmas" and it ended with everyone singing "Silent Night."

CHRISTMAS MORNING...the unwrapping





Mom really wanted a family photo of us all and to do a display on her wall, so I helped her out by editing pics,  getting great frames, and starting her family wall for her.  


Doug was determined to get Colt to walk before his 1st birthday...didn't happen.
 FAMILY MUSICAL NUMBER AT CHURCH...this was a first, we all sang "I heard the bells on Christmas day."  Hunter started it off a capela the base part only, Mom played it through on her flute, then Doug and I dueted the 2nd verse, all the boys (Dan, Daniel, Hunter, and Doug) sang the 3rd in parts, then the whole family in parts on the 4th, and then the organ and congregation joined in on the last verse.
My amazingly talented brother Hunter.

This is me rehearsing...I was very nervous as I don't sing in church....I mean by myself or in a duet....choirs, sure.
 GRAND OLE OPRY RESORT...we visited this amazing resort in Nashville and it was decorated to the hilt in lights and Christmas decor'....amazing.




I thought we needed a photo under this sign.

Colt conked out.

4 comments:

  1. Daniel and Kate JohnsonJanuary 24, 2011 at 6:30 PM

    How fun! I am so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    And I love the motherly wisdom you gave Jax after his birthday party--so so cute.

    And you did a great job on the photos for your mom and Dan. They look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun Christmas, also looks like a nice home! Who do you always have take your family photos at the top of your blog? They are always sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your cute family. I'm so glad you had a great Christmas!! I love your house!! You look amazing and I LOVE the boys costumes :) Talon and Grant really would love a play date together. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I also love seeing Adrienne. Does she have a blog I can read?

    ReplyDelete