Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To my 1 year old

Colton,

From the moment you were born, you've had my heart.  I think I've had yours too.  You are by far, the Biggest Mama's boy compared to your brothers.  To know that I bring so much comfort to your life, fills me with love.  I'm sure one day you won't need me as much, but right now I savor the midnight snuggles, morning snuggles, midday snuggles, while I'm cooking dinner snuggles, and bath time snuggles.  You also have been my longest nurser.  We made it over a year!!!  And on one side too!  When it comes to food your favorites are blueberries, pancakes, banana bread, bananas, peas, black beans, mac-n-cheese, veggie stir-fry, smoothies, spaghetti,  corn, and I really could on.  You learned to crawl sooner than your brothers too at the end of your 7th month you took off and Dad calls you "Turbo."  You love being on the move, exploring, climbing, getting into drawers, cupboards, the trash, going up and down stairs, and don't mind crawling on grass or sand at all.

Your personality is bursting with playfulness.  You love to play peak-a-boo with anything- your yellow blanky, your sippy cup, a toy, the bathtub, anything.  You love being chased up the stairs. Your brothers' underwear drawer and you have some magnetic attraction and you always make yourself laugh and seek a laugh out of us as you try to put them on your head.  If someone in the room is laughing, you always give an additional courtesy laugh and then that makes us laugh even more.  You hate it when I leave, esp. when I leave you in the car for a moment to pick up your brothers from preschool...serious freak out...whimpers and all..breaks my heart.  I fear you have been traumatized with my attempts to get you sleep through the night (which, by the way, I'm hoping you'll start a pattern of here soon) or when I don't respond to your needs fast enough.  Son, I know you'll understand when you have 3 sons under the age of 4 one day.

You love music, dancing, and especially love your left hand...your comfort that I'm sure you'll be using until your 10!  Maybe I should have gone the pacifier route...no, you needed the self soothing tool.  Your brothers just adore you.  Talon loves to wake you up in the morning, much to my dismay, to share his morning news that the suns up.  Jax loves to pat you on the head and shares toys with you frequentlly.  Talon loves to sneak food off your plate and you don't seem to mind.  Hope you always enjoy sharing. Daddy just absolutely adores you.  When he comes home from work, you light up and say "Hi Da-Da!" and start your happy dance- stand up, bounce your bum up and down dance, sit back down, and then lay on your belly while you wait for daddy to pat your back and play.  Daddy now gets up with you at night as we are weaning and you're beginning to find comfort in him as well.

I love you my sweet boy!  Thanks for the joy you bring to my life daily.

Your Mama



Your Birthday Party







I took your 1 year old photos of course while you were on the move....love you my little love!  Here's a few of my favorites, to see more go to my photography blog.



5 comments:

  1. Daniel and Kate JohnsonFebruary 1, 2011 at 8:59 AM

    What a sweet letter to a sweet little boy! I know you hear this all the time, but I can't believe he is already a year old. He is just the same age as he was when you moved, to me. Funny how children don't seem to age in our minds after we have (sadly) moved away.

    Your photos of Colton are just precious. I love how you caught him in action!

    Oh boy, we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! He looks so much older than I remember. Probably because he was just a newborn last we saw him. But how fun. He sounds like a joy to have around the home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! He looks so much older than I remember. Probably because he was just a newborn last we saw him. But how fun. He sounds like a joy to have around the home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's adorable, Amber! I can't believe how much he's grown. And the cake is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Colton! 1 already. Wow!

    I love your new header picture. The red shoes are a perfect touch and each member of the family is expressing themselves nicely! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete