Monday, October 31, 2011

Superhero Halloween

My boys (well, specifically Talon) decided superheros were the way to go this year.  So here we are trying to strut our superhero powers...I really wish I had some some days.




 Wolverine was a great fit for Talon as his temper can flare from zero to ninety just like the fictional character. =)  How I loved hearing him say, "I here to save the day!"  And Talon, you do save my days with your pure enthusiasm for the smallest things and how "in character" you can be.  I love your superhero strength to make me smile!
 Flash fit Jaxon as he's quick to think of new ideas or figure a problem out.  His superhero strength keeps my mind thinking as I try to lead and teach this very independent child.
 Superman...I've been calling Doug this since we were dating and he'd lift 18 bags of groceries into the house from the car just because he didn't want to make multiple trips.  How I love his superhero powers to save me when I need love the most...I'm so thankful he lets me rest on his strength when I've exhausted mine.
 Storm.  Besides the fact that Jaxon insisted I was her for Halloween, I do think she's a good fit for my recent behavior as the past few weeks I've been cleaning & cooking up a storm.  Also, I have to add that there have been some thunder & lighting bolts that have flown out of me...sorry kids & Doug.
 Spiderman is definitely fitting for Colton as he's constantly climbing on tops of the kitchen counter, the couches, in & out of his crib, onto my tall bed, the bathroom sinks, the table, in & out of his high chair, etc.  He's fast and keeps us all in motion.  I love his superhero power to help me put life into perspective.  When I take the time to just read books, cuddle, or sing with him, I know in that moment that there's nothing more important than just being with him...that goes for all my kids & husband.

3 comments:

  1. Great Costumes! Also once again a beautiful family picture at top...who is always taking them for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber I love your blog! Love love love the costumes!!! So I really wish we lived closer cause I think our houses would be so much alike. If star wars wouldn't have been out theme we would have joined you with the super Heroes. Is your house as crazy as mine is with 3 boys? Any ideas for me on things my boys can do to release energy without leaving the house? Miss ya tons. Much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. You McArthurs always have awesome costumes! I still think my favorite is the beehive though! Your pictures from Gatlinburg are gorgeous. Oh how we miss our McArthurs. Lots of love from Missouri!

    ReplyDelete