Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving

We drove down to Utah to visit my family.  It was a heavenly week.

Monday we went to visit my dad at his new BYU office and of course we went down memory lane there.  So much is changing on campus that we couldn't even show the boys where we lived our freshman year because it's gone.  There are new buildings in their place.
 We had an FHE lesson on talents.  Here's Talon's talent of building...I think he get's it from his dad.
 Here's my mom doing her yoga talent...pretty impressive for an 58 yr old woman!
 Tuesday we enjoyed the aquarium.


 and then went to Ikea.
 Wednesday we admired Gavin who at age 14 has a thriving Christmas light business...pretty impressive.
 Lori (a.k.a. "Riri") spent time with Ezralee as they just met this week.
 On Thanksgiving day, Doug and I felt extremely grateful to our Father in Heaven for blessing us with a healthy baby girl.  We reminisced of our previous Thanksgiving and how we spent it in ER being diagnosed with a miscarriage.  God is good!

We played a fun game of Family Feud my dad created.  There was much laughter that's for sure!
 Here are the boy's going head to head over a Pokemon question. =)
 On our drive home we were able to meet up with our good friends from Clarksville, the Edwards.  Their daughter, Lexie, whom I adore and taught in preschool, was baptised and we were able to be there.  This was also the first time we met each other's little girls as when we said goodbye last Spring, we both were pregnant.  The girls are 1 month apart.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been on blogs in ages. I feel horrible that I didn't even know you were pregnant again, congrats! And a girl, extra congrats!! I a comment about a miscarriage last year, I'm so sorr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the typos, something went funky on my screen. How was this last pregnancy? I sure hope it was better than your others! Hope you guys come out to visit!

    ReplyDelete