Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nephi errr Doug?

Well for a lot of you that know me you might remember my passion for hunting. Last Saturday bow season for deer opened here in WV. You also might remember that I have tried to play Nephi for two years now and make my own bow (and be successful with it). Tonight after many long hours in tree stands, my workshop and practicing beside the house (cuz in the garage was banned but that's another story) I finally reached my goal. I shot a doe tonight!!!
The best part about it is that Amber has been so understanding and patient with my dreams/obsessions about hunting and making this bow. Thank you Amber, I could not do it without you. You sacrifice so much to make it possible for me to get away and go hunt/project/shoot etc. I love you so much.
For those of you who have never hunted, try it you will see, you will like it (ok maybe not). Its kinda like a great Enos/Nephi event. Lots of prayers, forgiveness sought and in the end good meat for the family.

so without further comment the picture awaits you below.

Ta-dah!!

9 comments:

  1. Nice Job Doug! I'll have to show Joe this post. I know he misses his hunting buddy. That's a freaking awesome bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Doug! And way to go Amber with the patience, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Doug! Now you just have one left before you rejoin your wife. I know she is praying even harder than you that you get another one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, I have loved getting all caught up on your blog! It makes me adore you even more then I already do...(which is quite a lot) :)

    Congrats Doug on the deer! Very impressive. And yes, I must give Amber some props as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Doug, did you shoot it at the play ground?
    Dave
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby just told me that my comment sounded rude, I hope you know I am kidding with you. I think it is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratz doug,...next i think you should try to kill one with one of the knives you made....devan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Doug! If you guys ever head back to Utah, I would suggest living in Payson. I'm more of a city slicker so my observation may be incorrect, but the people around here seem CRAZY about hunting.

    ReplyDelete