Wednesday, October 29, 2008

OH my gosh!!!!!

SO today was amazing. Not because i did ok on my pathology midterm, not because my patient showed up and everything went ok (my mom), not because dinner was good, but all because I was blown away by my wife.

tonight we tried Kim Walker's rub on my tenderloin steaks from my deer. Amber actually liked it!!!!! here she is finishing not the first piece but the second!!!!



we had the missionaries over so they could enjoy some nice WV venison.

I have tried every year to make venison that Amber likes. tonight we even comment before dinner that it was time for her yearly taste test. And this year she liked it!!! again she liked it!!! I was so happy. I was amazed (i think Kim Walker's rub had a lot to do with it)
anyway check it out she has a recipe on her blog.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy that Amber likes venison now. I'm still not a fan but maybe with the rub. . . .hmmmmm. Good Job Doug on the deer. Good luck finding another one. See ya later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! Good job Kim and Doug!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm....sounds good. I grew up on that stuff and miss it since my Doug doesn't hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Nate was impressed this morning that I actually consented to eating and keeping italian sausage stocked in our freezer . . . I'm years away from venison :) You go Amber!

    ReplyDelete