Friday, February 13, 2009

Loves- Great Food!

After a recent conversation, I realized that one of the reason I'd like to go to Europe is to eat. That reminded me about how Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali ate their way through Italy and how I was drooling during the whole show! I just love how the Lord was so wise and so creative when he decided to help us maintain our bodies with foods from the earth and beast from the fields. How amazing that we eat things the start as a tiny seed, that then blossoms into delicious fruits and vegetables, with anti-oxidants that prevent us from getting cancer, vitamin C to keep our immune systems running, folic acid to grow healthy babies, vitamin B for good vision and healthy skin, vitamin D to help us be happy, etc. That's just amazing to me! The whole thing was skillfully thoughtout and planned to help us! And the fact that we can grow these things in the dirt...even more amazing! I loved growing some veggies and herbs last year and look forward to doing it again this year. Though we don't have a yard, our Earth Boxes did great! We got at least 100 tomatoes off our 2 Roma Tomatoes plants. Talk about savings at the grocery store...which by the way is another love...getting good deals...but we'll stay focus on this one.

I love the magic of combining foods to get flavors! The science behind it all is beyond my brain compacity...honestly, I had to take Food Science twice at BYU. I'm just in awe with the creation of food and sure love to eat it!

Some of my most favorite creations are:

Indian- Chicken Tikka Masala or Chicken Korma, withNan, and Basmati Rice
Thai- Pinapple Curry or Masaman Curry, Mango sticky rice for dessert
Italian- Tomato Basil Ravioli
Meditteranean- Tabouleh
Japanese- Nicu jaga
Chinese- Gyoza
Mexican- Tomales
American- anything grilled(BBQ Cheeseburger, BBQ ribs, shish kabobs)
Hawaiian- Pinapples...ok, seriously... Kalua pig roasted in the ground
Southern- Cornbread and Beans... I know ghetto, but I love em
Creole- Jumbalya or Cajan Salmon
Brazillian- Black beans and rice...anyone have a great recipe for this! I need it!
Ocean- Crab in garlic butter or Blackend Mahi-Mahi with Mango chutney
Freshwater- Walleye

Ok, now that I'm salivating...I'm excited for Doug to take me on our dinner date!

5 comments:

  1. Okay so I literally know like three or four foods on your list of tons of foods. I am so bland. I need you to come and show me some cool recipes. Lets get together and cook. Have fun on your date!! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I lived closer to you so we could cook together. I especially liked your "Thai" food. ;) I think Matt needs to take me there for Valentine's Day tomorrow. I'll go tell him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! So what type of food did you experience on your date? Hope it did not disappoint! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post about music, the way you wrote that was so awesome! And reading this post made me hungry too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You like Nikujyaga?! I think most Americans don't know about Nikujyaga. I will make it for you one day!

    ReplyDelete