Sunday, February 15, 2009

Loves of my life...Doug's romantic getaways!

So my husband knows that I love surprises, especially ones that make me feel like I'm the most important thing in his life! Well, last Friday I knew he was planning on taking me out for dinner, but when we past all the restaurants and ended up on the interstate heading south, I realized this was going to be more than a normal "dinner date." We drove an hour and a half south to Roanoke, WV a.k.a. the middle of no where and I said to him, "Is this where we are having our picnic dinner?" He smiled as we drove into Stonewall Resort. The Valet asked us if we were staying the night and Doug said, "Yes." I was so excited! He had surprised me with a getaway when Talon was just 5 months and he had done it again! After checking into our room that had a view of the lake, a red rose on the king size bed (how I long for a king size bed!), called room service to take away the Champagne that we didn't order, but did try the chocolate covered strawberries they brought us, we hurried off to our dinner reservation. We dined in their restaurant "Stillwaters" and enjoyed their Valentine's buffet. It was loaded with delights. I wanted to try everything, so I took samples of it all. Some of my favorites were the Curried Chicken Breast with Mango and Papaya Salsa, Hand Carved Herb Roasted Prime Rib, and Raspeberry Cheesecake. We stuffed ourselves full!

To our dear friends, Daniel and Kate Johnson- Thank you so much for sacrificing your weekend to give us a gift that is hard to give- time together. It meant so much to me that you guys were willing to watch our kids, in our own home, with your 6 month old. What are your thoughts on 3 kids, 3 and under? =) I felt so comfortable knowing you guys were there. Maddie, thanks for sharing your parents. I hope I can watch you sometime so your parents can have a getaway.

To my Doug- Thanks for making me feel so loved! I loved that you came up with the idea and planned it out well. I loved all the detailed surprises throughout our little trip. Your creativity and thoughtfullness is one of my favorite things about you. I love that you make our relationship a priority. P.S. Thanks for helping get our house in order this week, it sure made me feel better that the Johnsons could sleep in a clean bedroom.

To my sons- When you are married, do whatever it takes to let your wife know that she is #1 to you! Let her know she is worth the planning, creativity, money, effort, thoughtfullness, etc. Don't be average...because she doesn't deserve an average husband and you didn't marry an average woman. Go above and beyond to make her feel sooooooo loved, the way Heavenly Father would want her to feel. I promise you will in return be with a woman who wants to do whatever she can to make you feel the same way.

P.S. I really wish I had some pictures to post, but since I didn't know we were going away, I didn't bring the camera.

10 comments:

  1. Good job Doug. What a fun getaway and that really is a rare thing once kids come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise! Good job Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHHHHH how fun. I am glad you guys got to go and do that. After having kids you kind of forget the importance of that until you do it. Doug, you know what your doing! Ha. Amber you deserve that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! I am so glad you guys got to get away. Nothing like a little break to rejuvinate yourself so you can handle life all over again. Also in regards to your comment left on my blog, I would love to show you how to do crafty stuff! It would be fun to do a little craft get together once a month or so. I know there are other women out there with great ideas and they could teach us all stuff too. Anyway, let me know and we should get it planned. Hopefully everyone else will think it is a fun idea too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did do the school scholarship and love it. We will serve for three years for sure....after that we will see! What a romantic valentines.....that is pretty much the coolest thing ever. Hooray for dreamy men!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel and Kate JohnsonFebruary 16, 2009 at 6:56 PM

    The three of us had so much fun with your boys. Maddie loved the action, Daniel loved playing dinosaurs, and my favorite part was snuggling with Talon in the green chair while we watched Cars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got yourself a keeper for EVER!
    That's so nice of Doug...he needs to email Joe some pointers because if I want anything like that, it's going to be me planning it! Which really, I don't care, as long as it gets done!
    Spending time alone with your hubby is a must when you have kids! I'm so glad you had a great Day/Night/Day!! You definitely deserve it Amber. You are #1!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, you are an amazing women and I seriously can't think of a better person to deserve such a weekend surprise.

    Way to go Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one Doug!You guys are awesome at keeping the romance alive;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you had a good time! What a nice/fun suprise. Hope you are doing well!:)

    ReplyDelete