Thursday, December 31, 2009

Colton's Baby Blessing

Since we had a bunch of family around (12-31-09) we wanted to bless Colton so they could be apart of it. My mom, Dan, Hunter, Daniel, & Adrienne were here from Utah and Mom & Dad McArthur, Aunt Jenny from Idaho, & Aunt Katie from Minnesota. Bishop Schetzner and his wife came over to join us. We also had my dad, Devin, Gavin, & Blake on Skype and Lori on the phone so they could all witness it as well. Doug offered a beautiful blessing that resonated missionary work.





To my dear Colton,

Your sweet and pure spirit brought immediate joy and love to my life. I sense your spirit to be wise, noble, and calm. Speaking of calm, Dad frequently referred to you as the "peacemaker" and I hope you live up to the title. Your brothers truly delight in your presence and welcomed you into our family with big hugs and enthusiasm. I feel so blessed we endured the 9 months together, wow it was rough. I'm so thankful you are in my arms and out of my belly. My love for you was immediate and my heart wants to hold you and love you all day long.

Eternally your earthly mother,
Mom


Indian food to celebrate.

Comparing feet.


Multi-tasking.

Talon and Jax LOVE to hold their new brother.

Aunt Jenny with boys.


Jaxon LOVES to snuggle with Colton.

7 comments:

  1. Too sweet Amber! Your family is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet love note to Colton. He is adorable and very well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...could your boys be any more adorable?! Do you think Hannah could have her pick of one someday? ;) (j/k) What an incredible mother you are. I'm so glad again that Colton made it here healthy and strong despite your rough pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are darling, Amber. You have such a sweet family. You are such a wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that baby will have a problem with being loved. I loved the foot comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful Amber, thanks for sharing. I am so glad I got to see and hold him at the mall the other day.

    Ps. sorry we almost lost Jaxson. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love baby blessings- what sweet moments- CONGRATS and what a beautiful family- my word- if Emmy doesn't marry one of them SHE is crazy! love you and all of your men! :)

    ReplyDelete