Monday, December 7, 2009

November Novelties

Some things I want to remember during this month.
As our church Activity Coordinators, we held a Talent Show showcasing performance talents, culinary talents, visuals talents, and hidden talents. Because of the abundance of participation it was a success.

Jax drew this awesome picture for our Ward Talent Show. He named it "Allosaurus-spinosaurus."

Doug showed of his "bum" jumping talents. Along with doing some "cowboy poetry" with other guys from church.


Jax took off all our bedding and slept under the memory foam mattress one night.



Doug built Jax and Talon their first set of bunk beds!!!





And our Talon boy began talking more and more. He loves to pretend he's a dinosaur and "ROAR".

Also as ward activity coordinator, I headed up a Tri-ward Musical Fireside the 5th Sunday of the month. It was one of those testimony building experiences as I really saw the hand of the Lord leading the production. The way certain people came into the musical program were for sure through inspiration from a variety of people involved. When problems arose, they resolved better than originally planned. And overall, the entire program turned out a thousand times better than what I had originally planned. It was so neat to be on this end of it and witness the Lord guiding the entire production. We dedicated the evening to Joseph Smith as we are concluding our study of him in Relief Society and Priesthood as well as the Doctrine and Covenants in Sunday School. All the songs were about him and his mission here on earth. From the first song accompanied with slide show to the last number, the Spirit testified that yes this man was called of God to restore Christ's Gospel to the earth. I firmly believe he did the Lord's will and it inspires me to want to dedicate my life to do the same. The last song was "Praise to the Man" which started acapella with a glorious male vocalist, then the piano joined in, then the string ensemble, and on the last verse, the organ and congregation stood and sang. It was so powerful. How I love music and it's ability to teach, inspire, and testify of truth.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Amber. I haven't checked your blog in ahwile because I have been a little busy with projects. But as I read through your posts it brought tears to my eyes. You are an amazing woman and I am so blessed to be your friend. Thank you for setting such a good example of what a righteous mother in Zion should be. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bunkbed! Doug is really talented! Thanks for your hard work and your great example. I'm glad we moved here before you guys leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impresses with Jaxon's picture. i must have missed it that night. And, funny that he found the coziest spot in the whole house to sleep.

    The bunk beds turned out great. I want to see them next time I'm over. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, you have been so busy with all of these ward activities! As soon as one is over it's time for another! You have an amazing talent to bring our ward closer together, thanks for all you do. I'm glad you put a picture of Doug's handy work with those bunk beds. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a month full of great things to remember! Love the bunk beds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED the last song! I couldn't sing because the spirit and emotion that I was feeling. You. are. amazing.

    Lots of loves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At 9 months pregnant you are one busy girl. Everything turned out absolutely awesome. We adore your family and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete