Tuesday, December 29, 2009

COLTON TANNER!!!!

Colton Tanner has arrived in style this morning at 12:12! Amber was brought in to be induced yesterday morning at 6 am. We spent all day sitting in the room watching monitors of Amber's contractions and the baby's heartbeat. Finally in the afternoon Amber really started to have harder contractions. At 9:45 pm the nurse checked Amber to see if she was progressing and she was dilated enough to get her epidural. So then the anesthesiologist and her doctor showed up around the same time. The doc broker her water at about 11 pm. When Amber started feeling more pressure at 12 am the doc came in and 12 minutes later the little man come into this world. Unfortunately he gulped some amniotic fluid that didn't agree with his new lungs. So the nurses quickly went to work cleaning him out and helping him get the oxygen he needs. He weighed in for the fight at 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 20 inches long. Finally this morning the docs let him come back to our room and we got to hold him. He is currently cuddled comfortably in Nana's (Amber's mom) arms! Colton We Love You!!!

23 comments:

  1. Wahoo!!!!! I am so excited for you guys. And Amber, you got to deliver earlier than planned. That's always a good thing! How wonderful! And that picture of you leaning over Colton is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! I am so excited for you guys! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!!! I can't wait to see that "little man." He does look like a little man! Way to go Amber! (and Doug) See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! That's so wonderful! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Amber, Doug and family!
    I was glad to hear things went well, and I hope they continue. He is so cute! You'll continue to be in my prayers and I think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Colton is here! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Doug and Amber! What a cute little chunker he is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!! He is beautiful!!! I am so glad you went early!!! And All is WELL!!! I can't wait to see him!! Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! what a cute little lovebaby- he is so lucky to be born into your fam! we love you and are so happy for :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful baby boy! And i love all that hair! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy he made it here safe and sound after a long, hard pregnancy. He is so darling, I wish I was there to hold him... Yes, I am trying to find a way to get to Heidi's wedding. It's going to be a bit tricky, but I really want to be there. I'm guessing you won't be able to with nursing. I think Katie might be going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! He is beautiful, I love all the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so, so awesome! I'm so glad this long awaited arrival came healthy and went full term (or close enough to it). Aren't answered prayers great? Congratulations x 100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! Here's my peek! Beautiful boy! Can't wait to hold him in person. Another great addition to a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats Amber! and doug too :-) glad the little scare w/ the amniotic fluid turned out alright. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How precious! We were happy to hear that you are all well and healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Glad to hear all went well! Colton is so cute and I love all of his dark hair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay!! Congratulations, guys. He is beautiful. Can't wait to meet him when we get back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Amber!!!! Well done. He is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATS!! He looks darling and I'm glad everything went well. Hope you are all adjusting well and that Amber is getting enough sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omedeto-!(Congratulations!)
    He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man he is beautiful!!! congrats you two! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete